At the NFN gathering on Zoom on 27th January a working group was proposed to consider further meetings as Meetings for Worship with Creative Conversations hosted by NFN on Zoom. This working group has now initiated such meetings on a monthly basis as follows:
Nontheist Friends Network (QRB) invites you to a monthly Meeting for Worship followed by Creative Conversation. Each meeting hopes to offer a different topic, shaking the Quaker kaleidoscope and perhaps shining a light on different ways of looking at our (more) traditional ideas.
By Zoom on the first Thursday of the month at 7:30pm UK time, starting on Thursday 4 March. All are welcome.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
4 March: John Senior, ‘Seeking the Light – is Fox still relevant?’
1 April: William Purser, ‘Fox to Opium via Marx….?’
Interested in presenting a ‘Creative Conversation’? All are welcome to share their ideas with the MfW Working group: Gisela Creed, John Senior, William Purser, and Kiera Faber. Email email@example.com.
- Meeting for Worship: approximately 20 minutes for quietly gathering ourselves and connecting.
- Creative Conversation: up to 20 minutes for presentation or raising a question.
- Open discussion: up to 30 minutes for creative exchanges, expressions, and reactions; hopefully fostering community and fellowship.
- Conclusion: ending with a few moments gathered in silence.
- Duration: 60-90 minutes, depending upon the natural flow of conversation.
Like all Quaker Meetings for Worship, these are open to everyone: Quaker or not, ‘theist’ or ‘nontheist’, ‘religious’ or not. So we look forward to seeing you there.