Nontheist Friends Network (Quaker Recognised Body) invites you to a monthly Quaker Meeting followed by Creative Conversation. Each meeting hopes to offer a different topic, shaking the Quaker kaleidoscope and perhaps shining a light on different ways of looking at our (more) traditional ideas.
By Zoom on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00pm UK time. All are welcome. (Zoom Room opens at 6:45PM, please arrive early.)(Resumes 2nd September 2021)
Like all Quaker Meetings , these are open to everyone: Quaker or not, ‘theist’ or ‘nontheist’, ‘religious’ or not. So we look forward to seeing you there. (Scroll down for recordings of past presentations).
Please email email@example.com to register.
4 November: tom kunesh, When non-theism isn’t enough: a marxian moral imperative
2 Dececember: Kiera Faber, Drawing Silence in Art (new date)
6 January, 2022: Piers Maddox, Path of rightness in time of civilisational change
3 February, 2022: John Richter, On the Edge of Quakers
Interested in presenting a ‘Creative Conversation’? All are welcome to share their ideas with the MfW Working group: Gisela Creed, John Senior, William Purser, and Kiera Faber. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, David Parlett, (A Theist Cuckoo in the Nontheist Nest) was not able to share his Creative Conversation presentation for the 3rd of June but it is hoped will do so at some future date. The QM+CC Working group prepared a Meditation reading written by Harvey Gillman to share with you and participate in a contemplative conversation with your fellow Friends.
Recordings of past Presenters 2021:
4 March: John Senior, ‘Seeking the Light – is Fox still relevant?’ (12 mins, 9Mb mp3)
1 April: William Purser, ‘Fox to Opium via Marx….?’ (28 mins, 20Mb mp3)
6 May: Philip Gross, ‘The language of poetry, and creative uses of the word ‘God’’ (Feedback and texts here)(14 mins, 10Mb mp3)
2 September: Martin Barker, Does prayer work? Evidence from science and the human experience (26 mins, 19MB mp3)
7 October: Howard Grace, The heart of our shared humanity (21 mins, 15Mb mp3)
• Zoom Room opens at 6:45PM, please arrive early.
• 7PM: Welcome and Quaker Meeting: approximately 20 minutes for quietly gathering ourselves and connecting.
• Creative Conversation: up to 20 minutes for presentation or raising a question.
• Open discussion: up to 40 minutes for creative exchanges, expressions, and reactions; hopefully fostering community and fellowship.
• Conclusion: ending with a few moments gathered in silence.
• Friendly chat: 20 minutes for socializing for interested Friends in small group breakout rooms