Nontheist Friends Network (Quaker Recognised Body) invites you to a monthly Quaker Meeting followed by Creative Conversation. Each meeting hopes to offer a different topic, shaking the Quaker kaleidoscope and perhaps shining a light on different ways of looking at our (more) traditional ideas.
By Zoom on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00pm UK time. All are welcome. (Zoom Room opens at 6:45PM, please arrive early.)
Like all Quaker Meetings , these are open to everyone: Quaker or not, ‘theist’ or ‘nontheist’, ‘religious’ or not. So we look forward to seeing you there.
Please email email@example.com to register.
3 June: David Parlett, A Theist Cuckoo in the Nontheist Nest
Due to unforeseen circumstances, David Parlett will not be able to share his Creative Conversation presentation for the 3rd of June. The QM+CC Working group has prepared a Meditation reading written by Harvey Gillman to share with you and invites you to participate in a contemplative conversation with your fellow Friends.
(7-21 July, 2021 Conference 3 Wednesday evenings – details here)
2 September: Martin Barker, Does prayer work? Evidence from science and the human experience
7 October: Kiera Faber, Drawing Silence in Art
4 November: tom kunesh, When non-theism isn’t enough: a marxian moral imperative
2 Dececember: Howard Grace, The heart of our shared humanity
6 January, 2022: Piers Maddox, Path of rightness in time of civilisational change
Interested in presenting a ‘Creative Conversation’? All are welcome to share their ideas with the MfW Working group: Gisela Creed, John Senior, William Purser, and Kiera Faber. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recordings of past Presenters 2021:
4 March: John Senior, ‘Seeking the Light – is Fox still relevant?’ (12 mins, 9Mb mp3)
1 April: William Purser, ‘Fox to Opium via Marx….?’ (28 mins, 20Mb mp3)
6 May: Philip Gross, ‘The language of poetry, and creative uses of the word ‘God’’ (14 mins, 10Mb mp3)
• Zoom Room opens at 6:45PM, please arrive early.
• 7PM: Welcome and Quaker Meeting: approximately 20 minutes for quietly gathering ourselves and connecting.
• Creative Conversation: up to 20 minutes for presentation or raising a question.
• Open discussion: up to 40 minutes for creative exchanges, expressions, and reactions; hopefully fostering community and fellowship.
• Conclusion: ending with a few moments gathered in silence.
• Friendly chat: 20 minutes for socializing for interested Friends in small group breakout rooms